Thread: IT'S A THINKER

IT'S A THINKER

solve this one

On any regular table a match is balanced atop a coin that is standing on it's side, this is then covered with a wine glass on top of this table.

How do you get the match off the coin without:
    .knocking the coin over
    .touching the glass or the table

There is no silly trick to this, there is a logical solution to this, just curious if any of you can solve it.

Re: IT'S A THINKER

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote snipershot:</font><hr> solve this one

On any regular table a match is balanced atop a coin that is standing on it's side, this is then covered with a wine glass on top of this table.

How do you get the match off the coin without:
    .knocking the coin over
    .touching the glass or the table

There is no silly trick to this, there is a logical solution to this, just curious if any of you can solve it.
    <hr /></blockquote>

1. Use a magnifying glass to focus sunlight on the matchhead, igniting it. The resultant flurry should slightly imbalance the match, making it fall. You may have to "beam" sunlight over from the nearest window using a mirror.

2. Place a drinking straw in your mouth with the other end near the rim of the glass. Blow hard. A little wind under the crack should create enough turbulence to knock off the match.

3. To cheat, simply remove the glass without "touching" it. Use gloves, etc, or ask someone else to do it for you [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

SpiderMan
    "If it's yellow and smells bad, it must be nine-ball. Or a diaper (or a Frenchman)."

Hi Spiderman,

I went with your #2 answer and blew till I got so dizzy I had to lay down. LOL I used to be full of air. LOL

Regards,

C.C.

Hi SpiderMan,

#2 was one of the correct solutions, the other one is much harder to think of, you grab a bush, then brush away at your head until it hurts, place the brush up to the glass and the static electricity that you created from brushing your head can be used to knock the match off. Your third solution however I would have to classify as a "silly trick", good thinking though!

#1 Works Also!

Guess I thought of a new solution.

SpiderMan
    "If it's yellow and smells bad, it must be nine-ball. Or a diaper (or a Frenchman)."