Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Valley Forge expo or BCA expo in Vegas

Valley Forge expo or BCA expo in Vegas

Never been to either one before. Can only afford to go to one. Which expo is better? Do most cue vendors attend both expos? A plus for BCA expo is that its held in Vegas. Are there any tourneys taking place during the BCA expo? Any comments are appreciated.

Re: Valley Forge expo or BCA expo in Vegas

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dooziexx:</font><hr> Never been to either one before. Can only afford to go to one. Which expo is better? Do most cue vendors attend both expos? A plus for BCA expo is that its held in Vegas. Are there any tourneys taking place during the BCA expo? Any comments are appreciated. <hr /></blockquote>
    Although I've never been to the BCA expo in Vegas, I do know that the BCA has their national tournaments at that time and there is usually a pro tournament also. I don't know about the vendors. Some one else may help.
    At Valley Forge, there are a number of amateur tournaments and at least one pro event. If you are interested in shopping for cues and other pool equipment, you will not be disapointed at Valley Forge. It is like a shopping mall for pool, with many of the top cue makers in addition to dealers.

I have one comment taken from the BCA website, "This is a business-to-business show only; not open to the public". Keep that in mind, stranger.
    KenCT

I do not think that comment applies to the Vegas Expo, that is probally the dealers expo...Vegas is open to everyone...

As for the question at hand. VEGAS, BABY, VEGAS!!! I have been to both, and though the VF expo probally has more cues and stuff, the tournaments suck and are very expensive, all single elimination and no mini tournamnets, and with no pro event this year, there is really no question.
    VEGAS, you got open singles events, minis, and the only PRO event with both women and men playing side by side! And did I mention your in VEGAS!!!!! (You may even get to see Jeanette in a bikini, come ON!)
    Really, this is a no brainer! [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cuechick:</font><hr>

....(You may even get to see Jeanette in a bikini, come ON!)
    ...<hr /></blockquote>

And thus we have a muy bueno idea for your next big photo shoot. [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Wally~~just tryin' to help [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

The BCA show is for the trades only. They are now very strict. Everyone has to pay now also. Used to be they would give passes for your employees, but not any more. It would not be all that interesting for the general public. You will get the idea real quick as you stop at a booth, they are there to write orders, hopefully big ones, and not interested in B.S.ing with eyeballers. There is a lot of furniture and pool room related stuff for people in the business, tables etc. I would go to Valley Forge if I were you.

Maybe some clarification is in order. The BCA Trade Show, which is in Veags this year, is open to the trade only. You must pre-register or be able to prove you are "in the business" to gain admittance. There may indeed be OPEN tournaments going on simultaneously, but the Trade Show is just that - open to the trade only.

I've been to both. Vegas holds no special magic for me, and I prefer VF. There will be pro events this year - just in a different format than what has occurred in the past. If you're shopping for a cue, the ACA has good attendance at both shows. Would think that the offerings at VF are more geared toward the individual purchaser and there are probably more lower-end offerings. Not unusual to see Asian buyers at the BCA walk out with $10K plus worth of cues - not to say that doesn't happen at VF too, I just think it is more prevalant at the BCA.

Probably comes down to geographic location and what interests you most (competition or market place). Either one is a great time, and hopefully I'll make both this year - VF for sure - Vegas dependent on schedule.

Adios,

Pizza Bob
    TIP OF THE DAY: Remember, never chalk before a miscue

Doozie, I also think that you may be confusing the BCA Expo (August?) with the BCA Nationals (May). Both are in Vegas.

During the Expo, you'll get a ton of vendors, but no tournaments.

During the Nationals, you'll get a decent amount of vendors, and a ton of tournaments.

- Steve

Where's Valley Forge?

In southeastern PA.

Adios,

Pizza Bob&lt;~~wondering if they still teach history in our schools
    TIP OF THE DAY: Remember, never chalk before a miscue