Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: try this please

try this please

I am a senior psychology major at Wheeling Jesuit University. I am doing my senior thesis on competition and desperately need participants who shoot competitive pool. It should be really fun!! All you have to do is go to www.geocities.com/keenerthesis/ you fill out a simple form and try to describe what is going through your head as you shoot your game (which is shown using photographs of an actual game). Please help me!

Re: try this please

Keener,
    I read all your comments about the table play. "Thoughts", "Feeling" and "comments"

I'm not sure how you could write a thesis based on so much/many opinions.

I tried, but there was AN ERROR.

HR

A very well done survey. I answered honestyl and truthly. Funny how you can find faults in your game from simply being forced to address them.

Tom in Cincy,
    His thesis is on that people think differently and feel differently in competitive situations. Even though your answers may differ from mine, it still supports his claim and argument.

Well done Keener, I hope your survey works out and I could definately use that credit towards my major.

Marc
    This gunship is agile, mobile, and hostile!

Very interesting scenarios-I enjoyed doing this study, and I hope you will let us read your thesis when you are done. I think the results will be helpful to all of us.

I tried to take it without looking ahead at what the shot was going to be. I suggest everyone here who has time, to take this, as it pinpoints feelings that we might not think about while we are playing, but possible affect how we play our game.
    Michelle

Michelle,
    While I agree with what your saying, this post is near 3 months old. What I'd like to bring up is that so many posts like this, the person never comes back. There is other posts from this person and I'm sure many have contributed, I did.

Over the years there have been many and not so much as an explanation on what happened or a thank you. I don't know about everyone else but it seems one sided to me.

Rod
    <span style="color: blue">be smooth; better control and power with less effort.</span>

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rod:</font><hr> Michelle,
    While I agree with what your saying, this post is near 3 months old. What I'd like to bring up is that so many posts like this, the person never comes back. There is other posts from this person and I'm sure many have contributed, I did.

Over the years there have been many and not so much as an explanation on what happened or a thank you. I don't know about everyone else but it seems one sided to me.

Rod
    <hr /></blockquote>

Rod,

You are correct regarding about 90% of these type posts. But keener did come back. Maybe you did not see it.

http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboa...true#Post71843

I would like to read the CCB responses to the survey.
    "Holy Crip, He's a Crapple!"

Thanks Wally, no I never saw her post. Amazing I would have never thought that would get by me. My apology to Keener and I'm glad our posts served your purpose.

~~~ Wally doesn't miss much-- except for a pool ball now and then. [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    <span style="color: blue">be smooth; better control and power with less effort.</span>

Just a little bit south and east of Hamiltucky a little bit west of the Atlantic Ocean

I hope you post your thesis or put it on the net for us to read. I'm very interested.

Kato
    Signature deleted by***********Kato