Thread: difference

difference

near as i can tell, the difference between this site and the new and improved ccb is that this one is now easier and friendlier to use. it's what we're used to with not as many new rules.

yes?

no?

then what??

Re: difference

The board works fine. It seems to list the threads about the same as before. It is not like AZBiliards where you get a few messages that you have to scroll through and then try to figure out what is going on where in the thread. All their threads look like they are history and not currently active. This site has the feeling that the threads are all active and you can post a reply in real time.

Unfortunately I think the emoticons scared a lot of posters away. The default should be "no icon" so we could avoid that cute look. No use crying over spilt milk I just have to make playpool my first stop now.

I think the format is better but too cluttered. It takes away from the serious nature of discussion about pool playing.

Re: difference

I agree with the "no icon" default. I also don't like so many Anonymous postings. Most of us are used to the CCB "remembering" our names, so aren't filling in the username that defaults to Anonymous. I think you have to register and log in for that now. If it would default to blank, then when posting the user may get a note indicating that they need to put in their name - that would result in less Anonymous postings, I think.