Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: sorry to keep begging, but...

sorry to keep begging, but...

I am a senior psychology major at Wheeling Jesuit University. I am doing my senior thesis on competition and desperately need participants who shoot competitive pool. It should be really fun!! All you have to do is go to www.geocities.com/keenerthesis/ you fill out a simple form and try to describe what is going through your head as you shoot your game (which is shown using photographs of an actual game). Please help me!

Re: sorry to keep begging, but...

Keener, I think everyone here is well aware of what your asking. Asking it several times however starts to get annoying. I went over to your page and I met, what months does your birthday fall between? Well I stopped there, who cares where my birthday falls? What does that have to do with pool? If your mixing astrological signs in with game strategy, I'm not interested. Put it all up front and explain what's happening. If people respond, then they do. If not, then they don't.

~~~ begging won't help, hope this helps
    <span style="color: blue">be smooth; better control and power with less effort.</span>

Well, Ms. Keener, I took your test. I think that any responses you get will be completely bogus because you show unrealistic situations. I hope nobody chooses the patterns you took, so therefore, any feelings, thoughts, and actions would be completely made up.

But, I would be interested to know how others answered. Maybe at least part of your hypothesis is correct.

Good Luck,

Teddy J.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote keener:</font><hr> I am a senior psychology major at Wheeling Jesuit University. I am doing my senior thesis on competition and desperately need participants who shoot competitive pool. It should be really fun!! All you have to do is go to www.geocities.com/keenerthesis/ you fill out a simple form and try to describe what is going through your head as you shoot your game (which is shown using photographs of an actual game). Please help me!
    <hr /></blockquote>

I know how it is to be a student and even a psychology student because I was one of those once. I do however feel that you are going about this the wrong way. I did not see your original post but presume you have asked about this before.

Personally I would not want to be doing this thesis because it will be hard to get the data you need. Of course that is your decision. If you persist do not think the internet is a good place. Would be better and get more from pounding the pavement going to poolhalls and other events where folks will more than likely be happy for your to interview and film them.

blu

Even though I am not as good of a player as what you may be looking for, I did look at the survey but couldnt really do it. I mean I do not feel anything or think thoughts other than there is the table, there is the balls, there is the order I want to shoot them in etc, but I dont do actual thinking--it is more like looking and seeing without thinking...

Dont know if that helps...dont mean to be rude or anything..

blu

Good guess but, this study has nothing to do with your b-day. I cannot tell you everything that I am looking for before you do the study or it will bias your answers. There is nothing tricky going on. Just try it.

MAKE THE SHOT AND WIN!
    Carol

You shall reap what you sow.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote TomBrooklyn:</font><hr> You shall reap what you sow. <hr /></blockquote>

That is true Tom but could you explain what you mean. Keener is not wrong to want to get info for her theses, just is going about it the wrong way.

blu

I did it and I thought it fairly interesting. However your research method is flawed. Due to the anonymity of the participants you will get a lot of bogus responses as someone stated. It's kinda like those phone polls the TV and radio stations have, totally unscientific.