Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any Instructionl Vid teach the Modern Power Break?

Any Instructionl Vid teach the Modern Power Break?

are there any pool instructional video which clearly teaches the modern power break ala Bustamante ?

The few videos i have seen on the break have been pathetic (e.g. Sigel's vid and Byrnes). I mean they have the correct info for the beginner and that is to concentrate on accuracy and a solid hit on the 1 ball over power but what about an intermediate player who wants to learn how to really oompft the balls with his whole body ??

I've heard very bad things about Bert Kinister's The Big Bang so the question remains, are there any good vids which teach the modern power break ?

I'm sure there's a market for such a video

Re: Any Instructionl Vid teach the Modern Power Break?

sorry- no answer here but are there any bustamente break videos online?

Seems my husband said that cw taught that at pool school he went to.

blu

[ QUOTE ]
    Seems my husband said that cw taught that at pool school he went to. <hr /></blockquote> If I ever say anything positve about Charlie Williams, it will be his break. I am absolutely amazed that he even hits the cueball. I have been watching him up close for a couple years and I am still amazed. It is like he never pauses between practice stroke and actual break stroke and the whole time it looks like the cue is moving up and down. He goes so fast that it almost looks wavy. Hands down, I love watching Charlie break.

eg8r

Tell ya what, have Chris Cass take a couple of home vids of him breaking in 8-ball. That'll learn ya!

And it'll give you a hernia just watching, too!! [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Barbara

The power break like Bustamonte's is just an extension of the mechanics of a softer break. The only trick involved is in using your whole body to push the cue through the shot. Your best point of reference for learning this type of "strike" would be in a martial arts class or video that teaches striking principles.

As far as the technical portion, I posted to a thread a couple of days ago with exactly how I would retrain my break if I was going to start over. Those that have seen me break will tell you I have a good one. The last match I played against Strickland, he admitted that I was breaking better than he was. (BTW, I really enjoyed that match, we had fun and it was more like two guys messing around at a pool hall than two people competing in a tournament.)

Here's that thread:
    Breaking

Jay M

[ QUOTE ]
    Those that have seen me break will tell you I have a good one. The last match I played against Strickland, he admitted that I was breaking better than he was. <hr /></blockquote> My memory must be slipping...Old age I guess. [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I guess you did not break bad enough for me to remember or spectacular enough either. I do love to watch Charlie break though.

eg8r &lt;Losing memory

lol, nah, that particular tournament, I just didn't break enough for you to see it...lol

Jay

I was happy to even be able to see your table. We lucked out and sat down on the couch right next to your table. The people that paid for that seat ended up leaving and gave them to us. So, we were almost sitting on top of you for the game against Earl. Too bad we did not get better seats for the rest of the tournament. I did get to see the match that Mika strung a bunch of racks, I think he went 9 and out or something close to that. Now that I moved out here to Tx I am going to miss that tournament. [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

eg8r

The funniest part of that tournament is that I had more pros watching me than I did spectators. For the match against Earl, I had Sigel, Hall, Harriman, Williams and Immonen all watching from the side next to me. No pressure...lol

Jay