Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 9-ball diamond vs. 8-ball triangle

Just a little bit south and east of Hamiltucky a little bit west of the Atlantic Ocean

9-ball diamond vs. 8-ball triangle

For racking 9-ball.

One of my good friends (pool beginner who just got his own table) asked me about the 9-ball diamond and of course I went off on a diatribe about my percieved evils concerning this rack. What I would like is for you guys to give me a list of your pro's and con's so my friend can come to a conclusion. My opinions are extremely biased.

Just helping a friend.

Kato
    Signature deleted by***********Kato

Re: 9-ball diamond vs. 8-ball triangle

cons:

Uncomfortable to use if you are used to a normal rack.
    Usually made so small that you can't remove the rack without disturbing the balls

Pros:

None that I know of

Jay

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr> For racking 9-ball.

One of my good friends (pool beginner who just got his own table) asked me about the 9-ball diamond and of course I went off on a diatribe about my percieved evils concerning this rack. What I would like is for you guys to give me a list of your pro's and con's so my friend can come to a conclusion. My opinions are extremely biased.

Just helping a friend.

Kato <hr /></blockquote>

Tell your friend that a 9-ball diamond rack is fine

Pro: It's great for racking 7-ball.

Con: It's terrible for racking 9-ball.

Hope that helped.

Fred
    <font color="blue">You cannot create experience. You must undergo it.</font color>

Cons:

You must have a steady hand to remove the rack as to not disturb the balls.

Uncomfortable IMO

Pros:

It looks good when you're using it in a poolroom in front of ball bangers! [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    I Shoot Like A Girl.
    Damn Good.
    Ah f*&%it!

At one time I thought that I wanted the 9-ball rack. We went to a billiards store and looked at the various ones. The 9 ball racks did not seem to rack them as tight as a good triangle rack.Also as others have said, it was hard to take off without disturbing the balls.

Pros. I do not know about that.

blu

I was over a buddies house on Tuesday who has one of these. I never had a chance to use one til that night. It only took one try for me to know I didn't want to use it ever again.
    As already stated, they are made so small that it's hard to remove the rack without disturbing the balls.
    But also, and I don't know if this was just his rack, but the balls did not rack tight. there was a gap between the #'s 2&amp;3 balls or the #'s 7&amp;8 balls. If I got one area tight the other would pop out and vise versa.
    My vote is against the 9 Ball rack!

Vince S.

There's no reason to spend the extra money on a diamond rack. the all-purpose triangle works just fine.

By the way, what is an "8-Ball Triangle"?? Is it different from a One Pocket or Straight Pool Triangle ?? ..... [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Troy

Just a little bit south and east of Hamiltucky a little bit west of the Atlantic Ocean

Just for that little dig Troy I think I'll recommend the Sardo to him. By the way, it's been awhile. Do you still feel the Sardo is a bad rack Troy? [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Kato~~~left himself open for the shot to the temple.
    Signature deleted by***********Kato

I just couldn't resist the little dig Kato.

I'm all for the Sardo Brothers spending tons of sponsorship money. However, the SARDINE GIZMO was, is, and always will be a terrible device.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr> Just for that little dig Troy I think I'll recommend the Sardo to him. By the way, it's been awhile. Do you still feel the Sardo is a bad rack Troy? [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Kato~~~left himself open for the shot to the temple. <hr /></blockquote>

Cons? Yeah, I think that 9 ball rack is the biggest con. It's tough to get the balls below the 9ball tight, which will give your opponent a few free 9 balls. No thanks.

Don't really know any pros.

Eric