Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Green Felt Jungle

Green Felt Jungle

A newly-registered user "poolbookguy" has made 4 posts to various threads, and each time he works in mention of "Green Felt Jungle" and some bit of praise. I wonder if he's actually the author, plugging his own book.

SpiderMan
    "If it's yellow and smells bad, it must be nine-ball. Or a diaper (or a Frenchman)."

Re: Green Felt Jungle

thanx spider man. if the author has to resort to plugging the book like that you can bet he ain't no earnest hemingway [ QUOTE ]
    buy low get high, errr sell high <hr /></blockquote>

Let's rename this thread...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

So right on Spidey!! I was even going to start a thread "poolbookguy = Gerald Huber", but decided against it.

You know, it just makes me not want to read that book that much more. I can't stand it when someone plugs something endlessly like he did. Okay great, he wrote a book. Not too many people have accomplished that, but Geez Louis! He raves about it so much, it turns me away.

IMO, Mr. Huber should learn about marketing techniques and refrain from blatant propagandizing.

I've renamed my post title just because I have become repulsed of that title from seeing it plugged anywhere Huber posts.

Barbara

Re: Let's rename this thread...

The funny thing is I had always planned on buying the book when I found it, but after reading where he is always saying to get the book I have decided NEVER to buy it.

Joe Pickens

Re: Let's rename this thread...

Howdy Barbara,
    One should first learn to speak basic English with minimal grammatical errors( 12th grade standard),before one attempts to write a book with out the assistance of the ghost writers.Cheers
    Vagabond

You are right, if someone keeps on bashing your skull with the same old line you'll stop listening to them and not want to buy their product. Even if it's a good product.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cycopath:</font><hr> You are right, if someone keeps on bashing your skull with the same old line you'll stop listening to them and not want to buy their product. Even if it's a good product. <hr /></blockquote>HAHAHA - now you're talking about eg8r's repetitious political posts, eh? [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Oops, sorry, wrong forum... [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Shame on you guys for tearing up a decent person - ME !
    Gerald E. HUber, author, "The Green Felt Jungle"

I'm not trying to tear up anyone. In an earlier post I said I read the book and liked it. But being spammed with advertising from "poolbookguy" is very annoying.

Hey now.....

eg8r