Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jacoby cues... tell me what you know about them...

Jacoby cues... tell me what you know about them...

I'm about to pull the trigger on a couple... tell me about them.

Quality, how they hit, etc...

Thanks,

Re: Jacoby cues... tell me what you know about the

You should do a search, because I know I have asked this question before.

I recently bought a Jacoby cue and am very satisfied with it. In terms of looks, it is a very beautiful cue. Very well built, and the wood is high quality. As far as balance, it is very front weighted, which took me a while to adjust to. I like the balance now that I've put some playing time in on it. It has a fairly stiff hit. It breaks wonderfully. I have sent a couple questions to Jacoby in regards to getting a second shaft, and customer service via email has been very good and timely. Overall, I would recommend Jacoby cues.

They do come with lepro tips, so if you don't care for this tip I would order another one, or ask them to put something else on it. I didn't think of this, and am still stuck playing with the lepro(which I don't particularly like) until I have a little extra cash to buy a multi-layered tip.

Re: Jacoby cues... tell me what you know about them...

I had one-Looked great, hit great but twice the deflection of any other cue i've owned. Check that out before you buy.

TWICE the deflection? Seriously? Anybody else... I'm getting scared...

Re: Jacoby cues... tell me what you know about the

I don't buy into the "twice the deflection" of any other cue used by this poster. I have not seen any noticeable amount of cue ball deflection in comparision to other cues that I have played with. In fact, the Jacoby I own is probably the best playing cue I have had the oppurtunity to play with. It did not dissapoint me in any fashion. The cue which boasts to reduce cue ball deflection the most, Predator, well I would take a jacoby cue(or any other custom cue) over a predator any day. But that is just my opinion. I don't like predator cues. Of the custom cues which I have played with(Josey, Prather, Olney) I prefer a Jacoby. This is not to say there aren't better custom cues, just that I haven't played with a better cue for the money paid. There is no cue which is going to greatly improve my playing ability, and I prefer the particular play of the Jacoby I purchased. However, I would like to check out Schuler cues, and if poverty ever escapes me I would also like to try a Lambros cue(as I have heard amazing things about them.)

In anycase the deflection I have noticed on the Jacoby is as minimal as any other cue I have played with. I would advise playing with any cue prior to throwing down lots of cash. I know this is not always possible(I had not played with a Jacoby cue prior to purchase,) and if this is the case... I only have good things to say about Jacoby cues.

Hello. I can tell you that you won't be disappointed with them. I "pulled the trigger" as you say on one myself at the DCC. The quality is way up toward the top and they hit great. Very solid hit and very playable cue. I would recommend them.
    Ralph S.
    I don't want to change the world-I don't want the world to change me~~Ralph S.

I have owned a Jacoby Break Cue for 5 years...great hit...randyg

I have met Dave Jacoby several times, and he's a great guy. I've never shot with one of his cues, but they are very beautiful.

But the real purpose of my post is to let you know that he makes the best flushable chalk holders I've ever seen! (Just a little dig at Spiderman... [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] )

A friend has one he got at the U.S.Open a couple of years ago and he loves it. I've hit a few with it and it's got a good, solid hit. Doesn't seem to be any problem with excessive deflection - as a matter of fact, my friend has a Predator shaft for another cue of his but uses that only as a break stick. He calls the Jacoby his "rest-of-my-life" cue.

Walt in VA

I'd get one with the radial pin, phenolic collar (not the heavy stainless steel) and purpleheart handle if I needed one. You'll get a cue around 18 to 19 oz this way without any metal weight bolt and still get a great balance.
    AAA quality Birdseye maple forearm would be nice.