Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: WOW! Charlie Williams REPLIES

WOW! Charlie Williams REPLIES

Hello everyone on the CCB,

By popular demand I will do my best to respond to LEGITIMATE and RELEVANT questions pertaining to the Predator Pro Pool School.

My intent here is to avoid any gossip, controversies, or personal issues unrelated to my posts. So I will not answer questions that I deem as such.

For those who do not remember, there was a time where I did post and reply to the forums. But my conclusion is that most of the time the issues became very irrelevant and led to hostile and negative comments. Granted, the deragotory remarks were usually made by the same people over and over again, the ones who usually had something important to ask or say usually personally called or e-mailed me which I do appreciate.

Unfortunately, the free hours in my day are few, so forgive me ahead of time if I cannot consistently reply to your questions. My obligations to the UPA, my tournament promotions, my sponsors, and trying to maintain my career as a professional player sometimes leaves me little room to eat and sleep( but i do shower everday!).

Preferrably, any questions on the Predator Pro Pool School should be sent to propoolschool@hotmail.com or UPA questions sould be sent to our UPA Representative Frank Alvarez at info@upatour.com

If there is a question that you think only I can answer than reach me at charlie@upatour.com

Sincerely,

Charlie Williams

(the funny thing here is that I know somebody's going to have something bad to say about this anyway!)

Welcomed Reply from CW

Charlie,

1. Do you (Predator) plan to have any more of these schools in the near future?

2. How did you (Predator) come up with the cost structure? if you deem this a valid question? is it based on your(Predator) cost to hold the sessions? There seems to be a strong interest in this, and I could see that it may be too sensitive a subject to explain. I can respect a NO REPLY to this.

3. Are only UPA sanctioned players going to be the instructors? I guess I am asking if this is a UPA/Predator sponsered training event?

4. Why doesn't the UPA site offer an E-Mail news updates offering this type of info on a regular basis? Putting this type of info in these forums (AZbilliards and Billiards Digest's CCB) seems to be somewhat negative. I personally do not have a problem letting CCB or AZBilliards know this type of news sooner than the general poolplaying public.

5. Have you ever thought of taking a marketing class?

Re: Welcomed Reply from CW

Answers:
    1. Yes we do plan on having more in the near future.
    3. No, there maybe some non-UPA instructors involved
    4. I will submit that suggestion to the board . Currently, we send e-mails out to members only.
    5. I would like to if I can make time(I travel 7 months out of the year)

Re: WOW! Charlie Williams REPLIES

Charlie,

Thanks for responding. As you know, my husband, ray, enjoyed the school in roanoke very much. I am glad to see that you are continuing to offer training. Is the school in vf pretty much the same one as the one you had in roanoke or are different things covered?

bluewolf

There may be new subjects covered, but mostly the same.

The difference is in the teaching styles of the instructors. Archer and Varner may cover the same areas Mika and I covered but the content may be different. EX: Archers breaking technique might be different than mine.

I'm glad Ray enjoyed the school!

wow, the drama continues, hope charlie will become a regular poster here and contribute his knowledge as others have.

honky

I am happy to see Predator has done something about this...At least you have made a post outside of the school.

Shane is a man of his word.

eg8r

I haven't really said anything about the CW postings and Predator pool school, but I think I will finally make a response. I was in quiet agreement with the majority of the CCBers about the advertising only aspect of CW's posts, BUT, if this is a serious attempt for CW to become an active poster here other than advertising only, then you are more than welcome and I am sure your presence will be beneficial to all here at CCB.
    Ralph S.
    I don't want to change the world-I don't want the world to change me~~Ralph S.

i can ONLY understand

that you have limited time on your hands. however the only way to avoid rumor and innuendo is to address them directly, otherwise they will most definitely get out of control. threads meandering off-topic is normal and to be expected and you can be discrete about what you want to respond to. you can answer without getting into a drawn out battle. does "relevant" to you mean something that avoids controversy? for instance, i think the thread below, "have you no shame" is worth addressing as it has drawn many responses.

[ QUOTE ]
    ...BUT, if this is a serious attempt for CW to become an active poster here other than advertising only, then you are more than welcome and I am sure your presence will be beneficial to all here at CCB.
    <hr /></blockquote> This is all we are asking (I think. [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] )

eg8r