Thread: Please stop the Predator Pool School ads!

Please stop the Predator Pool School ads!

They should be deleted as soon as they are posted

Commerical ads shouldn't be allowed here

Re: Please stop the Predator Pool School ads!

I understand the no advertising rules on this site and how it can be obstructive. But I also think it's difficult to stop posters from posting harmless ads.

I have a suggestion, why not add an advertising forum for these types of posts. I think that it could be used for items such as CW's Pedator Pool School and tournament announcements. This way the ad does not interupt the normal posts in the CCB forum, but there will be a venue that can be benefical for everyone.

I don't see this as a problem. On the contrary, I like to know what is going on around the pool world, and if I don't get that information here, I will have to look elsewhere I guess.

I would say that repeated announcements about the same event to get free advertising would be an abuse, but one thread about any particular event, activity, or school is informative and a valuable service to those who like to visit this site and the board.

I don't understand why one thread about an event would bother anyone so much. [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

=Tom

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote TomBrooklyn:</font><hr> I would say that repeated announcements about the same event to get free advertising would be an abuse, but one thread about any particular event, activity, or school is informative and a valuable service to those who like to visit this site and the board.<hr /></blockquote>

Especially those that actually partake in the school. Well put Tom.

[b]
    I Shoot Like A Girl.
    Damn Good.
    Ah f*&%it!

I agree with Tom. I see no harm in the ads and they are informational. Since we all know what the thread will be by the title it is just a simple matter of not opening the thread. I also like when authors tout their books and videos and have been able to buy several that I would not have heard about otherwise. Jake
    Old Jake

then there should be a forum for ads like pool school. i think they are taking advantage of advertising for free.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote arn3:</font><hr> i think they are taking advantage of advertising for free. <hr /></blockquote>

No actually they are not, why don't you look at this from the angle of someone who is actually interested in the school(not myself BTW) If it wasn't here you would have to go search for it on the web probably at the predator website or something. Posting it here makes it more accessible to those who are interested and I believe there are people who do come here with the intent of being able to access pool related information.

CW's posts about the predator pro school are informative to people who are interested in it. You can read the title of the thread therefore you don't have to view it do you?

"CW's posts about the predator pro school are informative to people who are interested in it. You can read the title of the thread therefore you don't have to view it do you?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That phylosophy means that anyone can advertise, and it's purely up to anyone whether they read it...not what the ban was intended for in the first place. I too agree that obvious school or instructional ads are breaking the rules, no matter if some people here have a positive regard for the product...sid
    "If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room!"

I do not come across the ads very often and do use CCB as a resource for many Billiard related information.. [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
    The Oyster is a sick SOB.. Scum of the earth is too nice for him to be called..

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote jjinfla:</font><hr> I agree with Tom. I see no harm in the ads and they are informational. Since we all know what the thread will be by the title it is just a simple matter of not opening the thread. I also like when authors tout their books and videos and have been able to buy several that I would not have heard about otherwise. Jake <hr /></blockquote>

The "harm" is that it's taking advantage of free advertisement. To my knowledge, nothing is given to Billiards Digest for the ads. That's why ads are supposed to not be on this board. Billiards Digest is a business. And they're within their right to say that the use of their forums is not to be intended as a free ad bulletin board.

If every business that would normally place an ad in Billiards Digest Mag. or BilliardsDigest.com instead posts a free ad, no revenue would go to Billiards Digest, the magazine would fold, and the website would shut down. And then we'd have no forum.

If you make one exception, then that sets a precedent for the future.

Fred
    <font color="blue">You cannot create experience. You must undergo it.</font color>