Thread: Recent Posts Regarding Spam / Ads

Recent Posts Regarding Spam / Ads

In light of the recent posts regarding advertising we would like to remind everyone that according to the forum rules:

- Participants may not use the Forums to post or transmit advertisements or commercial solicitations of any kind.

The ccboard is a forum of ideas, so advertisements are not allowed in this venue. A member may answer another member's question about their occupation or business. However, blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited. Pyramid schemes --chain letters that involve money-- are not only prohibited, but they're also illegal. It is permissible for members to mention services or products that are provided by them or the companies with which they are affiliated, as long as the information is germane to the topic, is not a blatant advertisement, and the members mention their affiliation with the company in the content of the message.

In order to help us with maintain the current status of a spam free, ad free board we need your help. Please let us know if you see any spam by clicking on the "contact us" link or the "notify moderator" button at the bottom of the particular post. Thank you.

Thank you

Just out of curiosity, do the same rules apply to the NPR board? Maybe it would be a good idea to bend that board a little and allow some personal advertising, no major companies though. Tournament announcements, I have a cue for sale and so on. Any thoughts? To tell you the truth, if you did it would probably be my first stop when signing on. For now, I never look at it at all. You really have something here now and it only is getting better. It is hard to believe you were considering pulling the plug on it not that long ago. Your improvements have worked well. Thank you for this forum, I know I would miss it if it were not here. I don't now subscribe to you magazine, I don't subscribe to any magazines, but I am going to today just, as a thank you for this forum.

Re: Thank you

Thank you for choosing Billiards Digest. To answer your question, for now the rules apply boardwide but having an area to post items for sale or announce a tournament or special event does seem to be a popular idea. I will look into it and let you know.

I think this is a great idea. A for sale forum would be nice.

eg8r

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Popcorn:</font><hr>

.....Thank you for this forum, I know I would miss it if it were not here. I don't now subscribe to you magazine, I don't subscribe to any magazines, but I am going to today just, as a thank you for this forum. <hr /></blockquote>

Ah yes, another BDCCB addict is created [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].

just kidding [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Wally~~BDCCB addict

I wouldn't want to turn it into another Ebay, but a forum to anounce tournaments, pool schools or private lessons, is an excellent idea.
    If it must include sale items too, I could live with it. I just see people selling pieces of chalk and other crazy things on Ebay and I would not like to see that here.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> I wouldn't want to turn it into another Ebay, but a forum to anounce tournaments, pool schools or private lessons, is an excellent idea.
    If it must include sale items too, I could live with it. I just see people selling pieces of chalk and other crazy things on Ebay and I would not like to see that here. <hr /></blockquote>

How bout selling only their personal stuff and it has to be pool stuff not bikes and couches etc. [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

blu

CCBAdmin can I interest you in buying my old rusted yugo? Its up on blocks, but its got a great sound system, no windows though

honky

Re: Recent Posts Regarding Spam / Ads

Thanks CCB admin,
    Whether or not people liked Charlie advertising makes little difference to me. What does make a difference is seeing the three ring circus every day, boring and frustrating at best. I never had a need to add to the confusion, they did quite well on their own. I mean what's the point you get barbecued either direction.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Rod
    <span style="color: blue">be smooth; better control and power with less effort.</span>