Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need to talk to Bob Fancher

Need to talk to Bob Fancher

Does anyone know Bob's email address? I need to ask him something...

spg

HELP... No really..

Bob Fancher used to hang out here... Tom in Cincy, Fran, someone...

I swapped emails with him about a year ago, lost his email address, and need to talk to him... can anyone help out here?

spg

Re: HELP... No really..

Kelly,
    AZBilliards still has some of Bob's articles.. maybe Mike Howerton can forward your question to him?

Check out AZBilliards.. or email mike

Francher? We Got 'Rida His Butt, Too!

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote St Paul Gal:</font><hr> Bob Fancher used to hang out here <hr /></blockquote>Yep, we ran his butt out of here too.
    We don't like well known pool celebrities much 'round here. Yep. Got no use fer 'em once they start gettin' a little ornery or iffn we don't like how dey act or what dey do in general.

Francher was just slightly before my time, too. I heard da story tho. Musta been 'bout the time Huber published dat book bout pool. Yep. Ran him off with dat pain in da butt Huber.

Hell of a story.
    Wish I coulda been dere. Seems 'spite bein a shrink wid all kind of college degrees n stuff and in spite of him writin' a column fer BD magazime, he didn't always know da best way 2 talk to people. Reminds me of Charlie the Dragon 'ya could say. 'Cept Charlie's a businessman, or tryin' ta learn how to be one.

Francher jest got fusrtated when people wouldn't buy into some of his pyscological theories 'bout how things worked. Then he let his fustration start showin' in how he talked (wrote) to people. Well, we got no use fer dat. We believe in the little man bein' able to speak his mind, sur, n iffn the regul'r guy or gal gets a bit 'noxious, rude, nasty, unsympthetic, or unneighberly, or anything well put up wit dat. But we aint puttin' up wid nothin' from'n dese well known pool guys. Dey oughta know better. 'sides, it don't take much to embarress dees big shots n make em go away. Da little guys don't care cause nobody knows em much ceptn us folk.

We aint puttin' up with any of dat
    from someone well known. Nosireee. Don't matter dat dese guys is jest pool players. If dey r well known, dey ougta know bedder den to come on here without some speech writers or Public Relations agents to proof read dere stuff 'cause if dey don't know how 2 talk 2 people da right way we'll get on 'em quick nough.

We usta have special hit men.
    Gunslingin' super nasty guys, or some reglar folk who'd decide 'ta rachet it up a notch or two. Dey could really lay into someone, cursin' and insultin' or saying some real hurtful stuff. Usualy works like a charm. We haven't had anyone like that in a while. But we can by wid da reglar' folks. Dang, we 'managed to run Fran ougta' here a couple of times but she keeps comin' back after healin' up fer a while.

We ain't politicians.
    You know how politicians talk 'bout each other in public. Heck, dey can't stand da some of da things the other politicians believe in or vote fer and stuff; but dey know better den to make it personal, or to say all kinds of onery things in public 'dat will look bad later.

'Dey realize dat other politicians are people too. Wid mom's and dads, and bothers and sisters, and maybe wives 'n kids and such. An dey realize 'dat dere competitors got feelins, too. Just with different ideas is all. Heck, most politicians really like dere town or state or America and want to do whats best for her, kinda like most everybody that plays pool wants whats best fer pool. It just dat everybody's got a different way of showin' it. Dat's why dey debate things but keep it civil. Well most da time, anyway. Dey know dey gotta work with each udder come da next day. Ya can watch 'em on Sunday mornings on those news shows on TV. See em usin logic n' stuff to debate and tryin to convince people in doin' things their way.

Well, da regulr' folk
    round' here don't got to worry 'bout bein' civil like dat. Nope. If'n someone gets to not likin' some big time pool honcho, we jest run 'em out. Nice quiet town we got 'round here, and we like to keep it that way. Yep.

Re: You Betcha

Yep, we don't like them uppity city fellers a'comin' here and talking all that fanecy tricky-talk.

Holey Moley

Man oh Man, Tom, I hope you didn't just make that up for lil' ole me...

But if you already had it prepared, that may even be more scarey...

spg

It's too bad about chasing Dr. Fancher off. He was really helpful to me via email a few months ago, very sincere...

Why do boards get so brutal? Maybe we should ask a shrink...

Re: Holey Moley

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote St Paul Gal:</font><hr> Man oh Man, Tom, I hope you didn't just make that up for lil' ole me...<hr /></blockquote>No, Saint Pauly Girl. I just copy and pasted it. It's sort of in parable form in the Book Of The History Of The CCB.

Tom

PS. I was checking out your picture here Don't drink too much, now.

Well personaly, i thought he was more full of shi* than a whale with no a$$. One on one he's probably ok as you have discovered. But challenged, or questioned, he comes off as very condescending and holier than thou.

I didn't think he got THAT much flack over his obsession with teaching the "truth" and speaking down to us in tongues. Yet he disappeared faster than Sally Struthers hereing the words "Here's your plate, the buffet tables over there."

As far as psychology goes, he's great. Know doubt about it, that boy knows his stuff and can quote chapter and verse. But as a pool instructor? I think he was fakeing it more than a hooker being paid by the moan. St~~just my worthless opinion~~

Re: Need to talk to Bob Fancher

spg

If you want you can send me the message to my email directly and I will forward it to him. I still keep in contact with him. rwatson147@hotmail.com