Thread: Cue Value (Schon STL-11)?

Cue Value (Schon STL-11)?

I am not sure it's an STL-11 because it's a little older, and the new STL-11's look slightly different in that there are very small ivory boxes in the butt, where as, in my cue, the small boxes are made out of another type of wood as opposed to the ivory. The cue is probably 8 or 9 years old, and has 3 schon shafts and a predator shaft. Someone is asking about buying it, but I have no idea what to charge.

Thanks,

Jimmy

Re: Cue Value (Schon STL-11)?

Hi Jimmy,
    I have a 97 catalogue and it doesn't show any STL models. I think that is a newer series. There is an ST 11, it has 6 rectangular windows that are a light colored wood with oval windows inside. Then it has a long ivory or similar, diamond in each oval. It's list was $989 but you could by any of them for 25% off. Shafts new now cost $150 each with the pred a bit higher. How many points or windows? It does look similar to the STL 11.

Rod
    <span style="color: blue">be smooth; better control and power with less effort.</span>

Hey Rod. I can't find the exact model, honestly. It looks *exactly* like the STL-11, but the little ivory boxes that make up the rings in the butt are not ivory in mine. Maybe I'll have to post a picture of it. I've been looking around on the web to try to find the cue, but all I can find are new schon cues.

Jimmy,
    The little boxes in the ST11 are of Ivory color and a dark space in between each one. I did find one with wood boxes but the windows are not the same. I may have an older catalogue, I'll check later. At any rate that would have little to with the price. Schon did not always follow the catalogue or the wood used. They tried to make each one a little different. What you could do is email Evans at Schon, I sent him a photo once and he told me the model.
    <span style="color: blue">be smooth; better control and power with less effort.</span>

Are you playing in Tempe in that scotch tournament this weekend? If so, wanna bring your book? [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Nope I won't be out, I have a weekend project. Besides I hear you have to make more than three balls, that is if you want to win. [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
    If I were you, I would email Even Clark at Schön with a photo. I never found an older catalogue.