Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help with Rotation

Help with Rotation

I played my weekly games of straight pool with my pop today and his game was off a bit so he suggested we play some rotation. I said sure, why not. Now i had never played this before but i knew the basic rules, whoever gets to 61 first wins. So we played and as it would turn out, the first game i ran from the 1 to the 13 without a miss. I said " Hey pop, this games too easy " That got me a dirty look. lol
    Anyway, i have tried looking for rules but couldnt really find anything substantial online. What happens when you fail to make contact with the OB, is it ball in hand or ball behind the headstring or do you shoot from where it lands or what ? Also, do you put the balls you made in the ball racks like in one pocket ? This seems like a much more challenging game than nine ball and i kind of like it. A lot more traffic to contend with for sure.
    Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Help with Rotation

I believe the BIH stands.
    The other variety would be to spot the ball at the shooter's option. If you scratch the cb while the object ball lays or is in the kitchen, that's an automatic spot.

Hopster,
    The basic rules is c/b in the kitchen on a scratch and any balls spot on a foul. Deduct 3 points on a foul. It is a game of slop per-say. The incomming player assumes balls in position. General rules of pocket billiards apply from there.

As a gambling game push out is usually played.
    <span style="color: blue">be smooth; better control and power with less effort.</span>

I tried to answer your question, but ran out of room, the respone if limited here, I hold the all time high run record at this game, 60 balls, 4 racks, so I do have all of your answers. Go to my web site, www.fastlarrypool.com, email me, I will answer you, I see you live in Vegas, I will be entertaining at the July BCA trade show in Vegas, come meet &amp; play with me there. Your pal, Fast Larry

Rod and Joey, thanks for the help.
    Fast Larry, i went to your site and e mailed you. Nice little site, should look good when done.
    I do have to say there is pathetically little out there written on this game and this game can be brutal, way more brutal than nine ball as far as playing position goes. Anyway, my appetite is whetted as they say. lol
    Thanks again, one and all.

Invest in the BCA rule book, about 7$ from Amazon or any online pool store, the rules are there. Basically,

rack: 1 in front, 2 in RR, 3 LR, 15 center, others random.
    Foul: CB behind headstring, no point penalty. Jumps/not hitting lowest respots balls.

I might mention it is a popular game in the Phillipines, so it must make 9-ball look easy to them. Traffic is bad, 6 more balls on the table makes a difference, as does trying to play it on a 3.5x7 or 4x8 table. If you can run a rack, make position, and not bounce into other balls you have done some good shooting indeed.

I would also recomend getting a bca rule book. Not only will you find rotation rules, but many other games you may have never thought to try.
    You may also find some little known rules about games you already play.
    Bring Back Straight Pool!

Fast Larry says:

[ QUOTE ]
    I hold the all time high run record at this game, 60 balls, 4 racks, so I do have all of your answers. <hr /></blockquote>

I sure would like to know how this claim to fame is captured. What organization keeps records about this 'claim'

I do not understand how you have to pocket all 15 balls on a game of rotation. The game is over when 61 points are totaled.

Wondering how valid these bold statements are?

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Tom_In_Cincy:</font><hr>
    Fast Larry says:

&lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;
    I hold the all time high run record at this game, 60 balls, 4 racks, so I do have all of your answers. <hr /></blockquote>

I sure would like to know how this claim to fame is captured. What organization keeps records about this 'claim'

I do not understand how you have to pocket all 15 balls on a game of rotation. The game is over when 61 points are totaled.

Wondering how valid these bold statements are?
    <hr /></blockquote>

aw gee, tom. you're no fun at all.

ya gotta belieeeeve.

dan...big wonder dog fan.

He was probably playing "rotation straight pool". Perhaps Patrick didn't invent that game after all. I'll bet Patrick has a better record than Larry but nobody gets to witness Patrick's records.
    KenCT.