Thread: Adjusting to Table Speed

Adjusting to Table Speed

Every week when I go to the local poolhall I have trouble adjusting to the roll of the tables, which is much faster than mine. Will this get better in time? Another thing, are there any warm ups or something I can do to get used to it before a match?
    Thanks.

Re: Adjusting to Table Speed

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 ball junior:</font><hr> Every week when I go to the local poolhall I have trouble adjusting to the roll of the tables, which is much faster than mine. Will this get better in time? Another thing, are there any warm ups or something I can do to get used to it before a match?

Thanks. <hr /></blockquote>

You'll get used to the speed of the cloth. I happen to love good fast worsted wool cloth like Simonis 860, or Gorina Basalt, and I wouldn't mind something real fast, like Gorina T-2000 or Simonis 760.

Here are some things you can do to speed up the learning curve: Shoot some 2 and 3 rail kicks that you are already well familiar with. Do them each a few times. Then shoot some follow, and draw, shots. Pay attention to the speed of the hit, and the amount of roll for a given speed, on a given shot. Eventually, with practice and patience, the necessary speed control will become second nature. [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Fats
    SF

Victory goes to the player who makes the next-to-last mistake.-- Tartakower

get rid of your house cloth &amp; install simonois 860 &amp; your problem is then solved. I use 760 on my home studio tables.
    Fast Larry. www.fastlarrypool.com

I agree with the kicks. I would also suggest just hitting a few racks, you will get a feel for it. It is something that you definitely have to be able to adjust to because even if 2 pool halls or even your table at home have the same cloth it may play differently because of the environment.