Thread: Slow Down, Fast Larry

Slow Down, Fast Larry

Stick around.

May I be blunt in a helpful way? This is a discussion board, not a billboard. You arrived yesterday and posted once to nearly every active thread. A few were insightful, more were opinion (that's OK), and nearly all worked in a plug for yourself or something you're selling.

Don't be surprised if this rubs some folks the wrong way. Understand that in this diverse online community there are many who will be as knowledgeable or more knowledgeable than yourself on some topics. You won't last if your skin is too thin to handle that. You can't expect to jump in and go to the head of the class; you haven't participated in any reasoned discussion (as opposed to one-sided commentary) to establish credibility for yourself.

Search for posts by Randy Goettlicher, Scott Lee, or Blackheart. They promote themselves, but are also respected debaters of the finer points of instruction, equipment, play, and the billiards industry (as well as some not-so-fine points of the same).

I suspect that you only recently discovered the Internet, and therefore you'll be cut some slack until you chill out, but if you just can't handle being a face in the crowd you can try thumping your chest over at http://www.playpool.com for a while. After you heal, you'll appreciate time spent in our home.

I'm sure someone of your unique experiences has a lot to offer. I'm equally sure that you have a lot to gain.

SpiderMan
    "If it's yellow and smells bad, it must be nine-ball. Or a diaper (or a Frenchman)."

Re: Slow Down, Larry

SpiderMan,
    Tap, Tap.. good response. Right on target.

You would think a person that has been in the public's eye, would be able to present himself better here to strangers. He speaks of having 50+ years of experience and has been on lots of TV shows.. yet he can't introduce himself to a bunch of strangers without spouting his own FANFare.

Re: Slow Down, Larry

Great post spidey!!

Larry, you will find that lot's of the really good players here are somewhat humble about their abilities. For that reason, it is hard in the beginning to know what the talent here is. It is vast. [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

blu

Re: Slow Down, Fast Larry

Very well said!
    (with all due respect as I realize I myself am but a newbie)
    [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    Bring Back Straight Pool!