Thread: Need some info on a table.....

Need some info on a table.....

I recently purchased a Brunswick 7ft coin table, and I know nothing about it. It says "Gold Crown 2000" on the window, and that is about it. From the stickers on it, it looks like it was in use from 1987 to 1992 in a bar.

Does anybody know where to find more info on this table, or know anything about it? Is there some kind of a price guide that might have info?

Thanks for any help.

Re: Need some info on a table.....

Ok, I finally got a reply from brunswick, they sent me the manual, and sales tech sheet. It was manufactured from 1982 to 1984, available in 7 or 8 ft. Mine is a 7ft, weighs 725 lbs, 38 inch by 76 inch playfield. I love the table, and I only paid $700 for it in great condition, so I think I got a pretty good deal.

If anybody has any idea of what this is worth, please let me know. Thanks.

formerly Bozeman, MT; now living in Battle Creek, MI

Brunswick made a short-lived foray into coin-op tables 20 yrs. ago, and quit shortly thereafter. Valley tables has had a stranglehold on the barbox market for the past 20 yrs.
    Now Diamond Tables has come up with a new table, the "Smart
    Table", that plays like a pro table, with quality slate, and quality rails, and uses an optical sensor that allows the use of a regular cueball. IMO, these tables will replace Valley tables in the future. They are already being used at the major national amateur tournaments. Sorry to say, but you kinda got taken (don't mean to be negative here, just honest). I have seen many Valley tables in similar condition go for less than that, and less than half that old. However, if you like the way the table plays, that is really all that's important. Hopefully it came set up and with new cloth. Hope this helps.

Scott Lee

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Scott Lee:</font><hr> Brunswick made a short-lived foray into coin-op tables 20 yrs. ago, and quit shortly thereafter. Valley tables has had a stranglehold on the barbox market for the past 20 yrs.
    Now Diamond Tables has come up with a new table, the "Smart
    Table", that plays like a pro table, with quality slate, and quality rails, and uses an optical sensor that allows the use of a regular cueball. IMO, these tables will replace Valley tables in the future. They are already being used at the major national amateur tournaments. Sorry to say, but you kinda got taken (don't mean to be negative here, just honest). I have seen many Valley tables in similar condition go for less than that, and less than half that old. However, if you like the way the table plays, that is really all that's important. Hopefully it came set up and with new cloth. Hope this helps.

Scott Lee <hr /></blockquote>

Well, I had an 8ft fischer honeycomb table that I got free a few months ago, and I sold that for $200 the same day, so It wasn't too bad of a deal for me. It is in "like new condition", with new felt, and the $700 was delivered, set up, and leveled. The table was already converted for home play.. no coin mechanism or anything, and it plays like new.

I feel like I got a good deal, bcuz it is the right table for my needs, and not a bad price from all other bar tables I have found. Thats just my opinion, but thanks for the feedback.

[ QUOTE ]
    I feel like I got a good deal, bcuz it is the right table for my needs <hr /></blockquote> You hit the nail on the head. Need not even worry if you got a deal. If you paid an amount that you thought was fair, and you are pleased with what you got, then you got a good deal.

eg8r