Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Apology to the CCB'ers and Larry too

Apology to the CCB'ers and Larry too

Sorry to everybody and especially Larry for causing an uproar about "Fast Larry". I had no idea who he was until he said his real last name. (How come I never knew about Wonder Dog?).

I see now that Larry writes like he talks and it makes sense to me now why he might string things together like BCA Instructor School and master level instructor, and not really intend for them to be connected.

But really, Larry, please understand that if 95 percent of us interpreted what you said a certain way, that maybe you should consider that when you put words down on the screen and take a little time to re-word stuff. We all try to do that when we post here so that we don't get misunderstood. Even people who know you could get the wrong impression.

OK I've said enough. Again, sorry to all for the mix-up.

Fran

Re: Apology to the CCB'ers and Larry too

Fran, you have a star beside your name in my book now, [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] for what it's worth. First class.

To Dave, may I disagree with you sir please, Fran may now have one star in your book, but she has 4 stars in mine. As they say in the pool hall, she has a big pair of cahunas & is one alright broad. Ok I can no longer be sexist & must be politically correct, It takes a true Lady or gentlemen, to back up & admit a mistake or reverse their position, that is not easy, especially when I am mostly the blame for the screwup. "Dont reprove the fool lest he hate you, reprove the wise man & he will love you. Proverbs 9:8
    Look, nobody want's to put a end to this witch hunt of me faster than me, so let's please settle this one. I graduated from the BCA instructors school under Jerry Briesath in Madison, Wisc at the old college pool room. My certificate said congratulations, you have successfully completed the program, and was signed by Bruce Baker of the BCA, the program administrator of instructor training & certification, Is is dated l2-3-96, any one who wants a free copy, write me a e mail fastlarry@earthlink.net, send me your address, I'll mail you a copy. I taught at Ga Tech University in Atlanta for 4 years, and was the coach of the Yellow Jacket pool team. I taught 3 courses, pool, snooker, 3 cushion. I had university professors enroll in my course & adwarded me the honory title of the professor of pool. They wrote a article about this in the Tech Alumni magazine that was sent out world wide, I was on the cover of it. I did not write this article. Tech posted a web site about this in l995, you can go to it through Google, search, put in Fast Larry Grindinger. I was an advanced level instructor in the Paul Gerni pool school. I now own my own school, the Power Source Pool school, I am an advanced level instructor in it. I have dropped out of the BCA teachers school, and am no longer a part of it. I offered to come back, they wanted me to start over & reapply from scratch, I said nada, I never cover the same ground twice. You do not go to jail for teaching & not being in the BCA, they have always had less than 100 instructors, and never more than 10 or 15 I would ever take a lesson from. There are many top ranked teachers like Ray Martin of Tampa & a columinist of Pool & Billiard Magazine who does not want to belong to the BCA teaching school. Many of the best teachers in the country don't. I do realize that the BCA does have several that are well recognized and every one including me agrees are first rate, such at Fran Crimi & Scott Lee, Jerry Briesath & many others. I never said I was a BCA master level instructor, I said I was a master level instructor. Every one is twisting everything where this is becoming very evil. Mike Shamos, the games leading expert, historian, holds several phds, the curator of the Billiards Archive, long time columinist in Billiards Digest, in his column said in Billiards Digest that I was now a Billiards Expert, that is a higher honor than a master level pool teacher. Every thing I said, was the absolute truth, there is not one lie, fraud or deception of which several accused me of.
    Come on people, get off my back, leave me alone, I am trying to make a living here & begin supporting Wonder Dog, he is tired of carrying me. Can we just put this to bed, please, I will shut up, if you guys will stop calling me a liar, how it that? I am a very good teacher and I refuse to back up from that position. I cant help any of the players or give any of them the advice they want because you have me tied up full time defending my self against what frankly amounts to slander to put it mildy. How about we all just let it ride dude, I can do that, if you can do that. Fast Larry Guninger, aka Larry Grindinger

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fast Larry:</font><hr> As they say in the pool hall, she has a big pair of cahunas &amp; is one alright broad. <hr /></blockquote>

Do you mean cohones? [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Wendy~~public apologies are good for the soul. Believe me, I've been there too! [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
    I Shoot Like A Girl.
    Damn Good.
    Ah f*&%it!

Fran, I was not amongst those who thought Larry said he was a BCA Master Instructor and was surpised at your expose'. Please be more careful if ever go into newspaper reporting. That being said, your apology sounds more sincere than most newspaper retractions.

Tom, rather than risk dragging people back into another debate, how about you give me 30 flogs in the middle of Times Square and we can put this baby to bed once and for all. Does it work for you?

Works for me. [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Fran (sorry about the double post)

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote larry:</font><hr> Come on people, get off my back, leave me alone, I am trying to make a living here &amp; begin supporting Wonder Dog, he is tired of carrying me. Can we just put this to bed, please, I will shut up, if you guys will stop calling me a liar, how it that? <hr /></blockquote> I am sorry, I no longer think you are a liar. I did read the sentence and it does sound like you were claiming that, but since someone pointed out that you string thoughts together then that was my fault. All I have to go on is your posts. If you would please take the time to re-read out loud what you write you might catch some of these errors.

Thank you Fran and Larry for the clarification. I am sorry for the post I made.

eg8r

Works for me -- plus I like fast larry's stories (even though they could use a few paragraph breaks [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ) Keep 'em coming, larry!
    http://onepocket.org
    Dedicated to the game of One Pocket

your all welcome [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] LOL