Page 1 of 12 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: My Very Own Fast Larry - DrawQuestion

My Very Own Fast Larry - DrawQuestion

Okay, I promise to be nice for once.

Fast Larry teased with:

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Larry G.:</font><hr>If Jesus Christ showed up on the board &amp; said the best way to draw was to hit real low &amp; level with a long follow through, with a stiff wrist, I would argue with him. <hr /></blockquote>

Okay, so, what's the best way? In other words, what would JC have to say about drawing the ball such that you wouldn't argue with him, but rather wholeheartedly agree. And why?

This isn't a troll, as I'm inferring that much of what Larry is going to say about draw matches up with my opinion on the matter.

Fred &lt;~~~ won't say "because I say so, that's why"
    <font color="blue">You cannot create experience. You must undergo it.</font color>

Re: My Very Own Fast Larry - DrawQuestion

I want to know this too because I am doing something wrong on my draw. I am hitting very low,tip near the cloth with a level cue. I get a good draw sometimes but more often than I would like, it just turns into a really nice stop shot. [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Am wondering if I am coming up on the cb or what?

blu

Blue,
    Just for the hell of it the next time your warming up put yourself in slow motion on that draw shot except for the excelleration thru the c/b and see what happens.

Eh Fred, Fast Lare must be out walking the dog so i'll just fill in your wait, and i'm sure your waiting with breathless anticipation. lol

Well it was a trick! Everyone knows for draw you hit low and level etc. but NOT with a stiff wrist. So we won't be needin to call Jesus to look at that shot. lol

You got to be loose. Especialy the wrist. Another little trick i picked up here as a matter of fact was seeing "past" the object ball. When you hit it like that, it REALLY jumps back at you. St

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Stretch:</font><hr> Eh Fred, Fast Lare must be out walking the dog so i'll just fill in your wait, and i'm sure your waiting with breathless anticipation. lol

Well it was a trick! Everyone knows for draw you hit low and level etc. but NOT with a stiff wrist. So we won't be needin to call Jesus to look at that shot. lol

You got to be loose. Especialy the wrist. Another little trick i picked up here as a matter of fact was seeing "past" the object ball. When you hit it like that, it REALLY jumps back at you. St

<hr /></blockquote>

stretch, that lookin past the ball thing is a pretty good idea. helps keepthe follow-thru fluid and smooth. funny thing, the draw shot. it's one of the first "tricks" that most of us learn but it's one of the last things we do really well. there must be a thousand different ways to texture that stroke to make the ball do different things. most of the better money players i know will do follow and rails rather than backup just because it's so hard to get it right. sure, we can pull the thing a rail and a half burning cloth as it goes but how about 17 1/2" and a little to the left?

dan

Good point Dan. The first time I ever took a lesson from a BCA instructor I was told: "Draw for show, follow for doe"

Shayne: Can draw a mile and can follow 17.5"

I guess I'm not everybody, cause I say you can draw just as well with a stiff wrist as with a loose wrist.

Fred wants Fast Larry to say that should elevate the cue a bit for draw.

Tony
    -and I don't neccessarily agree with that either.....

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote TonyM:</font><hr> I guess I'm not everybody, cause I say you can draw just as well with a stiff wrist as with a loose wrist.

Fred wants Fast Larry to say that should elevate the cue a bit for draw.

<hr /></blockquote>
    I was hoping he'd say to touch the cloth 3" in front of the cueball, follow through as far as you backswing, shape to a dime, use Masters Blue, point the pinky to the east, say a little prayer, click your ruby slippers, and ...

Fred &lt;~~~ does it all
    <font color="blue">You cannot create experience. You must undergo it.</font color>

shane,

that's the first time i've heard that one. good. i'll use it.
    dan

[ QUOTE ]
    You got to be loose. Especialy the wrist. <hr /></blockquote>

I like Fran's explanation of "throwing" the cue at the CB.

And yeah, a loose wrist helps with this technique, too!!

Barbara~~~Yooooooo Stretch!!! [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]