Thread: Very Durable Tips?

Very Durable Tips?

Anyone reccommend some brands that are known for their durability? Playability isn't that big of concern as long as I don't have to go to the local pool store every 2 seconds!

Re: Very Durable Tips?

I've been shooting with the same Talisman Pro tip for about 15 months. No scuffing, no pic'ing, no mushroom. Still holding it's shape and holds chalk well.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 ball junior:</font><hr> Anyone reccommend some brands that are known for their durability? Playability isn't that big of concern as long as I don't have to go to the local pool store every 2 seconds!<hr /></blockquote>

Wow, how much do they cost usually?

I use a Moori on my cue. They run around $20 I think. Worth the money though. I've had the same one for about 15 months myself and it hasn't mushroomed and holds chalk very well. This with very little maintenance.

On my break cue, I have a Triangle. They are hard tips and can take a pretty good beating. I think I got a dozen of them a long time ago for like $10. I've only had to use one.

I've heard very good things about the Talisman tips although I've never used one. I think they are about the same price range as the Mooris.
    "Holy Crip, He's a Crapple!"

Nah, Talismans are much cheaper than Mooris. For example, Billiard Fanatic sells Mooris for $25 each, Talisman WB's for $9.75 each, Hercules for $8.50 (what I'm using, pretty much the same as a Talisman Pro), and Talisman Pro's for $8.

Am I still stuck in the dark ages because I use a LePro? I hate change, and these have always worked for me, so I stick with it. Quality isn't very consistent, though. Sometimes you get a bad tip that cracks or doesn't hold it's shape well. I have several shafts that have LePros that I've played with for more than a year.

I charge $20 installed for Talisman Pro tips (S, M or H).

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 ball junior:</font><hr> Wow, how much do they cost usually? <hr /></blockquote>

banker, if LePro works for you then don't worry about changing it! Nearly all boxes of all brands of tips include a bad one (or few), some worse than others. If your LePro's are good to you, then by all means keep using them! Lord knows a lot of people swear by LePro...

I went from LePro's to Hercules, my first layered tip, because I had heard so much about the layered tips and wanted to try for myself. It took a bit for me to get used to the difference in hit, but now I think I like them better. My next tip will be either another Hercules, or a Talisman (WB or Pro, I'm not sure yet). I think I'm about to buy a Predator 314 shaft, which come with LePro's, so I'll probably have a Talisman put on it to compare with the Hercules. Doubt I'll see much difference, as I hear they're essentially the same (unless I go with the WB).

David