Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any Predator Contacts??? Please help.

Any Predator Contacts??? Please help.

The warp in the shaft of my predator break cue is really starting to irritate me. Is there anyone that I can call at Predator to talk about this? I've already had it for over 30 days so it's warranty already expired. Please HELP!

Re: Any Predator Contacts??? Please help.

Good morning:

Telephone Predator and ask for Shane Sinnot.

Dr. D.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Doctor_D:</font><hr> Good morning:

Telephone Predator and ask for Shane Sinnot.

Dr. D.
    <hr /></blockquote>

thanks...called Shane, seems like a real cool guy but he said he couln't do anything about it. man this sucks....Why did it warp? I break hard sometimes but shouldn't it hold its shape for more than 3-4 months at least??

Steve,
    Check your Private Messages.......Paul

Hi Paul,

I have a warped Predator shaft, too. Is there any helpful info you're sharing via private message but not to the board?

When I first got mine, several years ago, Alan was very helpful. I've been away for awhile but someone told me that the Predators are all made in Taiwan. Is that correct?

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote charlieb:</font><hr>I've been away for awhile but someone told me that the Predators are all made in Taiwan. Is that correct? <hr /></blockquote>No, I think that rumor was being spread by a misinformed cue maker awhile back. Predator shafts are made in their Florida factory.

David

Tony M knows the whole scoop, but I believe he said they are still made in FLA and some or some parts in Canada as I recall.
    <span style="color: blue">be smooth; better control and power with less effort.</span>

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> Hi Paul,

I have a warped Predator shaft, too. Is there any helpful info you're sharing via private message but not to the board? <hr /></blockquote>

What I was going to relate to Steve was my own experience with Shane and Predator. My first 314 shaft, the long style ferrule, developed a minute crack. This crack was almost invisible and was only discovered because it clicked on extremely soft shots. The kind of shot where you may be playing safe and striking the cue ball to travel less than 6". I contacted Predator and was told to send the shaft to them along with a check for $15. So this ferrule repair cost me about $25 after shipping.

When the shaft was returned it was obvious that it had been turned down. IMO, the 314 shaft diameter is too small as is, much less after this fix. So armed with my dial calipers I approached Shane Sinnot at the Valley Forge Expo and expressed my displeasure with this repair. I timed my visit at their booth so that there was ample potential customers around to witness his treatment of an existing customer. Shane balked some initially and tried to convince me that the shaft was turned down prior to his repair. I told him that I never use any abrasives on my shafts and made him examine my other shafts and measure them with the calipers if he wanted. After some cordial exchanges that included me pointing out the value of customer satisfaction and the impression these potential customers will walk away with Shane saw my way of thinking. He agreed to send me a replacement demo shaft from the show after he returned to Florida. I gave him the turned down shaft and got a receipt and within two weeks a replacement shaft was at my doorstep.

It is my opinion that this transaction went my way because of the public exposure Shane was subjected to. Prior to this I had posted many positive comments on RSB, ASP and CCB about the 314 shaft. Shane knew of these and when I did introduce myself to him he knew who I was and that I was both a loyal customer and vocal on the message boards.

I would suggest that if either one of you are near Valley Forge it would be worth the trip to rectify your situation.

regards........Paul

No that is not true. They have a shop in Florida where the shafts are made.

Also, I am surprised that Shane was not more helpful. While I have not actually dealt with Shane on a regular basis, he has seemed to be a pretty stand up guy.

eg8r