Thread: How About Dale Perry cues?

How About Dale Perry cues?

I am real close to having Dale Perry make me a custom cue and was wanting to get some opinions on his cues. I hear that he is a great person to do business with but and really love the look of his cues. I have only seen them on the net. I would like to hear some opinions on how they hit and how the workmanship is on them. I currently shoot with a Joss and was wandering if they hit somewhat similar to a Joss or maybe some other production cue. I am looking forward to hearing from everybodys experiences with Dale Perry Cues. Thanks, Kevin

Re: How About Dale Perry cues?

I tried a friend's DP. Too thin for my liking. Deflection was too much for my liking as well.
    The quality of workmanship is good but I just don't like cues thinner than a Schon.

I see Joey. Are you saying that have a sort of Meucci taper to them? Meucci alwasys seems to have a very slim feel to them to me. Kevin

I have about 20 cues, collectibles , production, and custom. My playing cue is a beautiful Dale Perry I bought on E-Bay. It's a maple burl and ebony six pointer. The workmanship is absolutely flawless and it plays great. I especially like the burl cues he makes. In my opinion, the Dale Perry plays and feels very similar to a Schon because they have similar dimensions and a stainless joint. The DP I have is slightly more forward weighted than my Schons or what I remember a Joss to feel like. For that reason , I would suggest going a little toward the heavier side on the cue, maybe 1/2 ounce more than you're used to. I also called Dale and ordered an extra shaft, custom made longer (30") and thinner (12.75mm). The shaft was in my hands in a couple of days. That's gotta be a record! Dale sells about 3 cues a week on E-Bay. I looked at his sticks for two or three months before I bid on mine. When I saw the one I wanted, I didn't screw around. I bid and rode that bid to the bitter end and got it. No matter what you pay, at E-Bay prices his sticks are a real bargain. They come with 2 shafts (the width you want at 13mm or less) and weighted to your liking. I had mine in hand two days after I paid. One suggestion, let the stick stand outside of a case for a few weeks after you get it - he sells tham as fast as he makes them and the clearcoat will smell up your case pretty bad like high octane until it cures.

My dad got an ebony no wrap cue from Dale, and it is very nice. The workmanship is excellent. So I contacted Dale to custom build me a cue to my design and he said he could have it to me in 3 weeks...WOW! My Jacoby took 4 months to get here. I think they are great looking cues, but I've never played with my dad's cue, so I can't comment on the playability of his sticks.

That is exactly what I am wanting is a cue of Dale Perry's without a wrap. I do not particularly like a wrap on a cue. I like for the wrap area to be of a real nice figured wood. Kevin