Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The easy way to win!

The easy way to win!

I was playing this evening against a good friend of mine, I went up to the table and broke, I was left in between two balls basically creating a wall preventing me from reaching the one, I tried going two rails through traffic just to hit it and missed. My friend went up to the table with BIH, looking around the table to plan his shots he reached over thinking he was grabbing the CB and snatched the nine up off the table! We respotted the nine and I went on to run the rest of the balls but my friend was rather embarassed about what had happened and was the subject to some rather humourous jokes the rest of the night.

Anyone else done something this stupid or worse before? I've picked the CB up before when I didn't have BIH, you feel like crawling into a hole and disapearing [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Re: The easy way to win!

I've never done that, but I've done the classic skipping a ball and shooting the wrong one a few times. If anyone else has carelessly done this a few times, do you notice how that when you shoot the wrong ball-no matter how hard the shot is - you always make that shot?
    A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing

I've shot the wrong ball, more times than I would like to admit.

SENIOR MOMENTS!!!!!

However, senior moments are better than the alternative. [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

snipershot,
    I've not only just shot the wrong ball many times I have switched games. Once while trying to get out in 8-ball and with only the 9ball and 8ball left on the table my mind switched to the game of 9ball and proceeded to shot the 8 in and played shape on the 9. Mind you this was in the fourth match of an 8ball tournament...nice......LOL [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

i played my 9-ball match last night and was spotted the 7. During the match, I missed the 7 twice and both times, my opponent for some reason went for the 8 thinking the 7 was down. I told him the second time but he just missed the pocket giving me an easy shot to win the set. also, last season, one of my team members frequently shot out of order not realizing it...always with the 4 & 5. [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cheesemouse:</font><hr> snipershot,
    I've not only just shot the wrong ball many times I have switched games. Once while trying to get out in 8-ball and with only the 9ball and 8ball left on the table my mind switched to the game of 9ball and proceeded to shot the 8 in and played shape on the 9. Mind you this was in the fourth match of an 8ball tournament...nice......LOL [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] <hr /></blockquote>LOL [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]I was playing in a 9 ball tournament about 8 years ago. My opponent left me a hard shot on the 5 ball, I walked around the table to look at the shot from both sides. I decided the shot wasn’t that hard, I got down stroked and fired the shot in. The only problem, I had used the 5 ball as the cue ball. But I did make a good shot on the cue ball. LOL [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

One time when I had BIH I set the cue ball down to shoot at the three ball and then adjusted the three ball to a better location. The guy I was playing shouts out "what the F*** you doing?". So I put the three ball back and reminded him we were playing cue ball fouls only.

Paul

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote snipershot:</font><hr> Anyone else done something this stupid or worse before? I've picked the CB up before when I didn't have BIH, you feel like crawling into a hole and disapearing [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] <hr /></blockquote>
    Add me to the list of "picking up an object ball with BIH."

Fred
    <font color="blue">You cannot create experience. You must undergo it.</font color>

Just a little bit south and east of Hamiltucky a little bit west of the Atlantic Ocean

You wanna win? The easy way? Just play me [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Whitelight, who just came in 5th place in a local tournament had ball in hand on the 4 ball and almost shot the 5. I pretty much jumped through the ceiling, snapping my fingers until he finally saw me and shot the other ball. What I did was unethical probably but I couldn't stand to see my friend throw away a match.

Kato
    Signature deleted by***********Kato