Thread: Gabriel pool table

Hybrid View

Gabriel pool table

Has anyone played on a Gabriel table and what is your opinion of this brand?

Re: Gabriel pool table

angler,
    I have played on the Gabrials, 9ft pro spec's, they are a copy of the Diamond Pro's with a steel frame. I believe this companys philosophy is not to re-invent the wheel but to improve upon it. The table is very nice to play on and for that matter may be a more forgiving but fairer table than the Diamond Pro which can be brutally unforgiving on up tempo shots. Price wise I think the Gabrial and Diamond are competitive with each other and both are a better deal than the Brunswich GC IV....I also heard that Gabrial will be introducing their copy or improvement on the Diamond Smart 7footer this week in Valley Forge.

Re: Gabriel pool table

Angler

I own a Gabriel. It Plays great. I have Simonis 860 on it and the pockets are slightly shimmed. As always, setup is a key issue, so get the best table mechanic in your area. Talk to the people and poolrooms in your area and see who they recommend, then play on some of the tables that he's setup. You're already considering spending thousands on a table, so another couple of hundred well spent dollars is justified.

Vince S.

Quote Originally Posted by Vince S. View Post
    Angler

I own a Gabriel. It Plays great. I have Simonis 860 on it and the pockets are slightly shimmed. As always, setup is a key issue, so get the best table mechanic in your area. Talk to the people and poolrooms in your area and see who they recommend, then play on some of the tables that he's setup. You're already considering spending thousands on a table, so another couple of hundred well spent dollars is justified.

Vince S.
    eddie qmaster12; I also own a Gabriel 4.5x9 I am considering tightening my pockets as well I just put tour edition championship cloth on mine who's your mechanic does he know how to lengthen the rails because I want 4.5inch pockets all around, Diamond installed mine but they only come around once a year

Gabriel tables are really good to play pool. My friend has one with him.