Thread: I need cue help..

I need cue help..

I want to buy me a cue stick, becuase I want to start playing pool. But I do not know how long the cue should be. I am 5'5. Is there any suggestions anyone has on the matter, any other suggestions is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks <font color="black"> </font color>

Re: I need cue help..

Standard length for most cues is 58". Most people play with std length. If your just begining the game buy an inexpensive cue first. If you decide you want a shorter cue down the road you can have it custom made. You'll get more replies to your posts over in the pool forum.

Rod
    <span style="color: blue">be smooth; better control and power with less effort.</span>

Re: I need cue help..

As long as your elbows are higher than the the rails (which at 5'5" they should be) - you'll be fine to at least start learning, enjoying, and getting reasonably proficient at the game with a "normal" 58 inch cue.. later on, if you really love the game and want to continue, it is quite easy to find a cuemaker who will make a cue expressly for you and/or adapt a cue you already have to the proper size..