Thread: registration of new members

registration of new members

Just an observation. I have seen some forums who do not allow persons to register with addresses such as hotmail and yahoo. These forums require that the person regeristing have an bonafide isp like Aol or earthling,juno etc.

Disclaimer- I am not talking about regular posters who used these accounts to register.

I also think that there are those who do not have an isp and who are sincere about pool and use the computer of others to log onto ccb. If you decided to go the route explained abouve, that some other forums I am on have, perhaps this could be done by a case to case basis in the case of a sincere person.

With all of these new names popping up and some of them less than pleasant, I have no idea how they are getting registered or what email addie they are using to register.

I just wanted to bring this possibility to your attention as you strive to has a nice forum to talk about pool.

Laura

Sorry if this is redundant and this has already been taken care of things. I do not have too much understanding of the ccb admin stuff.

Re: registration of new members

if i had to use my isp email address, i would never register. THAT is for my personnal email, and is very spam free. i use an internet addy for all commercial correspondense