Thread: Idea for the Board

Idea for the Board

As we have all noticed by now is the title we are given depending on how many posts we have made, they are currently as follows;

0 stranger
    25 newbie
    50 journeyman
    100 member
    200 enthusiast
    400 addict
    700 old hand
    1200 veteran
    1600 Pooh-Bah
    2500 Carpal Tunnel

None of these are very pool related. On other boards I frequent they have the same titles only they pertain to the subject at hand. For example, someone with 1600 posts could be a Road Player, someone with 1200 post could be titled a Shortstop, someone with 50 posts could be a Banger and so on and so on. If anyone has some ideas or if you just think this is the dumbest idea ever, by all means make a comment.

Stauber

Re: Idea for the Board

If we are *forced* to exist being *forced* into some ridiculous stupid # of posts related category, then I agree that it would be more appropriate to use pool-related names for said categories.

I also believe that the use of said categories will only serve to increase the number of less useful posts (like this one!) by those wishing to no longer be a stranger (or banger or whatever).

0-25 should be Railbird [img]/ccboard/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Did you have to tell everyone? Now people like Patrick and Maine-e-arrg will flood the board to get to a new level. This should be turned off immediately!! I was beginning to like this format but there seems to be no end to the unpleasant surprises awaiting us. Nobody should be rewarded for posting to excess.

Theshot,
    congradulations on your promotion to 'newbie' [img]/ccboard/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Funny, I never saw that shown anywhere. Of course there are probably several things I haven't noticed.
    Well those names can be what ever they or anyone likes.
    We all know what it means. If anyone reaches 2500 soon
    they should have Carpal Tunnel.
    Rod
    <span style="color: blue">be smooth; better control and power with less effort.</span>

Hey Rod,
    have you changed your view preference to flat mode? If not, that is why you can't see my "promotion" [img]/ccboard/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]