Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HOW TO SELECT A NEW POOL CUE?

HOW TO SELECT A NEW POOL CUE?

I WANT TO BUY AN NEW POOL CUE..

CAN SOME ONE PLEASE EXPLAIN TO ME THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE DIFFERENT KIND OF CUES SUCH AS MCDERRMOTT, VIKING, MEUCCI,CUETEC, JOSS, PANTHER. WHICH IS THE BEST? WHAT ADVANTAGE OR DISADVANTAGE DOES EACH HAVE? FIBREBGLASS OR MAPLE WOOD? WHY DO AMERICAN CUES COST SO MUCH MORE THAN A CUETEC?? HELP A NEWBIE IN THE BILLIARDS GAME OUT!!!! ANY RESPONSE WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

Re: HOW TO SELECT A NEW POOL CUE?

Please take this understandably, "Stop using the caps lock on all your text." It's an internet etiquette thing, just trust me, some people get pointed about it cuz caps is supposed to express shouting. Just trying to get you off to a good start.

Your question is a little too broad. Most will tell you to try various brands out and see what fits "you." Fiberglass will get almost no votes at all, and certain cues(Meucci IMO) won't either, but that's my opinion. The advantage of most of the manufacturers you mentioned is that they are affordable to average shooters, not so much as the Cuetec but fairly good sticks for the buck. I'd prefer McDermott or Viking out of the bunch probably because that cues I bought way back then. Your Chinese cues hit well and are very well priced, I own one of those as well.

Good luck with your question. You'll get more replies if you will narrow the subject down a bit. There's way too much to address in the original post, but many should at least field some counter-response to my Meucci slam ;-) sid

"If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room!"

I am looking to purchase a new cue as well and am considering buying a quality brand, such as McDermott, Viking, Meucci, etc. What are the best ways to purchase a quality cue at a decent discount? Has anyone ever purchased a cue off of the internet? If so, what would you suggest?
    Jim

Jim,

Lots of people buy on the net. If you'll ask your question on the pool forum, you should get several replies.
    <span style="color: blue">be smooth; better control and power with less effort.</span>

Before buying one off the internet. Try to get a feel for different cues such as Meucci (arghh.. [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img])
    Once you decide on a maker that you like, do some research. You can definitely save a bit of cash by ordering off of the internet. Good luck!
    The Oyster is a sick SOB.. Scum of the earth is too nice for him to be called..

Lucasi is a good economical cue for a beginner or starter cue!
    The Oyster is a sick SOB.. Scum of the earth is too nice for him to be called..

The Fury cues are also very good for the price. [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

God helps those who help themselves.

I have a Meucci Pool Cue for sale!!

Click me To see this nice Cue
    I am letting my Meucci Pool cue go for really cheap!

i have the perfect cue 4 u.brand new with case.brown and black finish with gold trim. if interested contact me on kingstefan21@aol.com [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
    <font color="green"> </font color>