Thread: HTML Works!! Bold, Italics, Quotes, Links, Smileys, and Colored Text

HTML Works!! Bold, Italics, Quotes, Links, Smileys, and Colored Text

Can we use HTML in our posts? It appears so. This post is a test.

Go to the FAQs on this site to see how to do this and other cool stuff.

Below is a copy of the FAQ regarding HTML. You don't see the codes because they took effect and disappeared.

There are 2 ways that this can be configured on a per board basis. If HTML is On then you will see HTML is On and you can use normal HTML in your posts. If UBBCode is on you will see UBBCode is On. The following tags are available for your use if UBBCode is enabled:

text = Makes the given text bold.
    <a href="mailto:joe@email.com">joe@email.com</a> "> <a href="mailto:joe@email.com </a> = Makes the given email address clickable.
    text = Makes the given text italic.
    <pre> text </pre> = Surrounds the given text with pre tags.
    <blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

text

<hr></blockquote> = Surrounds the given text with blockquote and hr's. This UBBCode tag is used for quoting a reply.
    link = Makes the given url into a link.
    <a target="_blank" href=http://link> title </a> = Makes the given title into a hyperlink pointing to link.
    <ul type="square">[*]Item 1[*]Item 1[/list]= Makes a bullet list. [list=A] or [list=1] will make order/numbered lists.
    [img]/ccboard/images/icons/blush.gif[/img] or [img]/ccboard/images/icons/blush.gif[/img] =
    [img]/ccboard/images/icons/cool.gif[/img] =
    [img]/ccboard/images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] =
    [img]/ccboard/images/icons/frown.gif[/img] or [img]/ccboard/images/icons/frown.gif[/img] =
    [img]/ccboard/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] or [img]/ccboard/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] =
    [img]/ccboard/images/icons/mad.gif[/img] =
    [img]/ccboard/images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] =
    [img]/ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] or [img]/ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] =
    [img]/ccboard/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] or [img]/ccboard/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] =
    [img]/ccboard/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] or [img]/ccboard/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] =
    <font color=red> text </font color=red> = Makes the given text red.
    <font color=green> text </font color=green> = Makes the given text green.
    <font color=blue> text </font color=blue> = Makes the given text blue.
    <font color=orange> text </font color=orange> = Makes the given text orange.
    <font color=black> text </font color=black> = Makes the given text black.
    <font color=white> text </font color=white> = Makes the given text white.
    <font color=yellow> text </font color=yellow> = Makes the given text yellow.
    <font color=purple> text </font color=purple> = Makes the given text purple

This stuff is cool, man.

=Tom=

Re: HTML Works!! Bold, Italics, Quotes, Links, Smileys, and Colored Text

But Tom, can you do this?

Neener! Neener! - Howie

Note: Still haven't figured out how to center text. Should be able to type:
    Text

<font color=red>Now that I've seen that Howie, I want to go back to the way the old board was.<font color=red>

<font color=blue>Just kidding. I don't know how to do that, but I will not rest until I find out.<font color=blue>

<font color=black>The following message is printed in white letters.....<font color=black>

Hope you didn't mind me saying that.

=TB=

This is what worries me about the board. It will become a competition to see who can come up with the cutest posts.

This is more than I really wanted to know.

UBB Code

Tom, at the bottom of the "UBBCode" page (there should be a link towards the top of the Index), the tags for graphics are "[ image]" and "[ /image]", with the graphic's URL in between.

BTW, I see that you are having the same Tripod issue that I had--you're graphic isn't showing up, because they disallow linking to it. (If you are seeing it on your machine, it's because you have it in your cache.)

Also, if you want to test code, you can Private Message yourself, so it doesn't take up space on the board--this isn't a complaint, just FYI. [img]/ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    You are what you do when it counts.--The Masao
    heater<span style="color: red">451</span>

Howie,
    You missed your calling in life. You should be a teacher for this board. [img]/ccboard/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

I think you are just reading the book ahead of the rest of the class. [img]/ccboard/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

<font color=green> Jake </font color=green>

The color indicates i'm jealous.
    Old Jake

Jake..

You mean there really is a book? If so, I always read the last chapter first, and then people think I know a lot of stuff. Just between you and me, it's the basic things that I have no idea about! [img]/ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] - Howie