Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: End of an Era

End of an Era

When I started the board was on post #600 it was near 116,000 when the change took place. I spent 40 minutes on and read 3 posts I will now say goodbye. Keep your head still and your eye on the object/cueball. ####

Re: End of an Era

No! Don't do it! Your posts are valuable to many of us. It may take a day or two but this board is better than the old one ####. Give it another try. Please.

Regards, JimS
    JimS

"no non-chalantin at the pool table" Frank "Sailor" Stellman

Leonard and others, change is always very tough to accept - particularly when we've become so accustom to the way it was. I too have been a little resistant to the new format and having a little trouble navigating my way through it.

However, as others here have posted, once you become familiar with it there appears to be NUMEROUS advantages to this new configuration that can save all of us valuable time waiting for our computer screens to change as we view and/or respond to posts. Stick around and give it a chance! - Chris in NC

#####,
    I remember you posting about accepting changes to improve your game. From changes in stance, cue weight, tips, types of games and types of challenges.

I too agree that this NEW format has a lot of new bells and whistles.. but it is IMO worth the trials we have to endure to continue to have the BEST members and BEST forum on the Internet..

Tom In Cincy

I've been mostly a lurker on this board. I'm a diehard pool player (not good, but DIEHARD). When I see postings from rackmup, Dr. D, Jay, the Toms, the Chris', Howie, Carol, the Jim's, the Steve's, Blackheart, and a lot others too long to mention, I know the postings are going to be informative, funny, friendly, and positive. I've learned a lot from this board.

It saddens me that some are leaving, or are not posting.
    Please stay on this board. We crave your postings. Don't be a "it's hard to teach old dogs new tricks". Stay for the friends you made on this board. Stay for us lurkers who value your postings.

Thank you very much. Best wishes to all whether you decide to stay or go.

I'm a sort of old dog who can't like learning new tricks and most of the computer language might as well be in Greek (I still use Microsoft Works Ver 1.0 for word processing).

But, I AIN'T GOIN NOWHERE! THIS IS WHERE MY BUD'S ARE AND I'M STAYIN!

Sorry for the yelling but I hope that's clear!

Regards, JimS ~ tooooo busy practicing to learn computereeeze.
    JimS

"no non-chalantin at the pool table" Frank "Sailor" Stellman

Hey Jim, Have you tried the flat mode and collapsed view yet? If not you will like it alot better. It is so much easier and quicker to follow posts.

####, I echo the sentiments of the rest of the board. Please don't leave... your posts are enormously valued.

Your knowledge of the game's history, as well as your insightful suggestions, are too rich to be lost.

I hope you'll reconsider.

- Steve

Those who quit without trying shall be known as quitters!
    When you first started playing pool and the balls didn't drop did you quit? Or did you apply yourself and learn why they didn't drop? There is nothing difficult, nor complicated on this board. Either learn it or condemn yourself to a life without the members of this board. And, after all is said and done, that is the best part of the CCB, the people who post here. Jake~~~if I can learn this stuff then anybody can.
    Old Jake

jjinfla, i'll accept the facts that you are fairly new to this board and have, by your profile, been only shooting a couple of years as mitigation but let me say that you have not earned the right to be disrespectful to ####.

in my opinion, #### has been the #1 most valuable resource for information on how to shoot better on this board since it started. bar none.

if he says that spot shots need to be done one-handed behind the back then, by golly, i'm gunna start practicing that shot.

dan